MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

We purchased brand new house well over 400k, 2 car garage

Customer Question

We purchased brand new house well over 400k, 2 car garage but can only park 1 car in the garage. The steps inside the garage prohibit us from pulling the 2nd car in. It's a compact size vehicle. This model was just introduced April 2015. We're the only family thus far living in this model. We requested they reconfigure the steps. They actually need to extend the entire garage. They continue to have excuse after excuse stating they are preparing other houses for closing. Please advise.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you buy the property pre-construction?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's a new build. They had just introduced this model at the time of contract.

Then this could be a construction/design defect that they would be obligated to correct.

I would give them a set timeline within to make the repairs. In the event they do not do so, I would have an attorney ready to follow up with a pre-suit demand letter (this typically shows them you are taking steps toward litigation if necessary). If they still don't respond to the attorney's demand letter, the next step is to sue them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would you say is a reasonable timeline. They indicated they will do the job but they have no idea when is what they informed me OS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Of

I would set a 15 day window for them to begin doing the work. That should be enough.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will reply to their email hopefully it will be resolved

You're very welcome. Best of luck to you.

Please don't forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok