Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

The mold people red 2 temporary people, not employees and

Customer Question

The mold people hired 2 temporary people, not employees and they ended up robbing us. That was in August. We filed a police report. Since all of our belongings from most of our house was put in a pod by them. We didn't know that jewelry was stolen from my daughters room. We updated the police report. They also damage some of our property and didn't complete the job. Now we hold the money from the insurance company and they want to be paid. Our losses are greater than the amount he quoted us. We told him he owes us and has to take care of our losses. He now doesn't want to take responsibility and still wants to get paid. He's offered a token amount. What can we do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Did you sign a contract with them to perform the work?