MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Can I operate a stereo shop on my industrial 2 zoned

Customer Question

Can I operate a stereo shop on my industrial 2 zoned property in Woodward Oklahoma.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I do not believe you can as industrial zones generally are for manufacturing areas where customer visits are at a minimum.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is it zoned I-1, I-2, or I-3?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I-3. No walk in customers. R & D and phone orders. Neighbors in residential area are filing noise complaints

What is generating the noise?

The I-3 District is intended to provide locations for those industrial uses that may generate relatively high levels of noise, vibrations, smoke, dust, odor or light. These industrial uses are incompatible with residential uses. For this reason it is desirable that they be located downwind, and as far away as possible, from residential and most commercial uses.

That's the definition for I-3 zoning, so you shouldn't be having an issue if your property was already zoned I-3 prior to the surrounding residential happening. Your industrial zoning is the highest level of industrial zoning permissible. The neighbors can complain all they want, however, you are within the definition of what your land is zoned.