Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

When selling our house we agreed to fix everything on the

Customer Question

When selling our house we agreed to fix everything on the inspectors list that they asked us to fix. One thing that needed fixing was a regulator and faucet for the master bath. We told them to pick something out, have it installed and we would pay for it. Thinking this would be a $200-$500 dollar job. Their bill to us was $5,400. They had the tile ripped out and replaced on the tub and want us to pay for it. They have also been having water pressure issues and hot water issues (that we never had and nothing was stated on the inspection report) that they are saying they will sue us for non disclosure of such if we don't pay the bill. We've offered to pay $500, which we feel is reasonable.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me if the offer to fix whatever they found was in writing and if so, was there a cap on the amount? Or no cap? Or was this all verbal?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.
Hello – you had never replied to my Information Request so I never got a chance to provide an answer. Please let me know if you still need information, and if you could reply to my information request so I could provide one.