CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I OWNED A HOME IN IDAHO THAT BINGHAM COUNTY SOLD AT ACTION

Customer Question

I OWNED A HOME IN IDAHO THAT BINGHAM COUNTY SOLD AT ACTION WITH SEVING PAPERS ON ME . IM LOOKING FOR A LAWYER TO SUE BINGHAM COUNTY. I BOUGHT THE HOME AT ACTOIN THOUGHT BINGHAM COUNTY AND THAY KNOW THE DEAD WAS IN MY NAME AND DID THIS WITHOUT TELLING ME ANYTHING . THE SHERIFF OFFICE DID BOTH ACTIONS AND THE SAME LADY THERE HANDLED BOTH ACTION .
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

I am sorry to learn of this situation, in order to sue the County for this abuse of process, you will want a lawyer with experience in Civil Litigation, specifically the "Tort Claims Act" (the state statute which permits individuals to sue the government despite its sovereign immunity - as well as setting out the very specific procedural steps that you must go through when you do so).

Keep in mind, the timeline to file these claims is very short.

While we are not permitted to provide you with specific referrals, I can however provide you with resources to help you locate an attorney that is either local to you, or located in a nearby metropolitan area that can help you with your claim. You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).