CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

I have a former landlord that did a walkthrough with me and

Customer Question

Hi, I have a former landlord that did a walkthrough with me and I turned in the keys back in November 2015. She did not want to sign any type of form on the moveout confirming what we agreed on during the moveout, but has yet to return my lease deposit of 4000. I think she is trying to site expenses of 4000 in repairs which is fradulant considering she complimented me on the condition of the home during the walkthrough and I have the session recorded.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Your landlord has 30 days to send you a letter via USPS (an email or text message does not act as a substitute (whether the attachment works or not).

Here is a helpful flow chart on how to go about recovering your deposit (it has some practical advice as well as useful references to the Texas Civil Code): http://texastenant.org/security_deposit.html