Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

If you sell a property yourself do you have to have a lawyer

Customer Question

if you sell a property yourself do you have to have a lawyer or does the tiltle company do all the paperwork
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 10 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JA.Ray here and will be the expert helping you today.

You do not have to have a separate lawyer.Title company has a lawyer who prepares and reviews the legal documents and the title policy,

If there are any tittle problems he would be bound to tell you and correct the problems or not allow the closing.The title company lawyer prepares everything here as well as checking

the title for any unknown liens or restrictions.

The title company here can prepare everything, you certainly can review their work.A second separate lawyer is not required here. They are responsible to prepare all the documents professionally and complete the transaction.You can have a second lawyer but it is not required that you do so.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.