Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Trying to determine the correct instrument ownership of a

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****.....trying to determine the correct instrument for transferring ownership of a billboard I wish to buy from current owner to myself.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Of course...what is the most important details you wish to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, I can wait. Thank you.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Billboards are normally placed on leased land, and not on property that is owned. Is the billboard you are buying on leased land or is the land beneath the billboard owned by the seller?

Doug