Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

I sold a piece of land and when I asked where my abstract

Customer Question

I sold a piece of land and when I asked where my abstract was they said they needed it to do a spin off. I don't know what this is and does it effect my deed
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you.

If you paid for an abstract here or title policy you are entitled to these documents. I am not sure if they are claiming this is part of another land transaction but you have rights to these.I would contact them again by phone or email and insist on the items you requested.

Here as a seller you deserve the requested information.This should not affect your deed here in such a closing.You deserve a better answer here and the documents you requested as part of the sales transactions.You need to follow up and force them to give you what you requested.

For some reason it sounds like they are giving you the run around, you deserve a straight answer and more information plus the requested documents.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Please let me know if you have more follow up.
Thanks again.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

If you can leave a positive rating it is always much appreciated.