Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

How to I have to take former tenant to court that moved and

Customer Question

How long to I have to take former tenant to court that moved and broke lease? I can not find their current address to serve paperwork. Owes 5,500. Lease was up last May and tenant moved out in February of 2015.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information only for educational purposes only, and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me what state this is in?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
This was no help at all and i was charged 31. For nothing.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
New Mexico
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know she is in Albuquerque but can not find her location.
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

I have not yet answered your question. I sent an information request to find out which state this is in, so I can answer your question. However since you already state that this is no help at all, I will opt out of your question and open this up for other experts.

Your JustAnswer Account has not been charged for this conversation and your question is back in the queue. You do not have to stay online for the question to be active. Should an expert pick it up, you should be alerted via email and/or SMS (text message) unless you actively disable these features.

There is no need for you to reply at this time as this will "lock" your question back to me, thus inadvertently delaying other experts' access to it.

All the best.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your professional opinion.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

In New Mexico you have up to 6 years after the breach to file a legal claim for breach of contract.

Thank you for signing up for our service. If you need further assistance, let us know, otherwise, please "accept" the answer. If you are inclined, a positive rating is appreciated.