Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My husband purchased a commercial property in 2007 after we

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My husband purchased a commercial property in 2007 after we had been married 7 years. The bank put my name on the mortgage but not on the deed. He told this couple that he would sell it to them for 145000. when he actually paid 175000. Can I legally stop the sale since my name is ***** ***** mortgage and this will affect my livelihood? He is wanting to retire at the end of April and this will kill us financially.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The property is worth over 200,000. and would drastically cut our costs. He has been renting this property to this couple for 1200. a month for the past 6 years, even after out tax person at H&R Block advised him to raise the rent to $1800.00 a month, he refused to do that.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ywa Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Which state?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
TN
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Why is he selling the property below market value?

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Are you still online with me?