Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a small matter in which my daughter is one of four

Customer Question

I have a small matter in which my daughter is one of four girls sharing an apartment in DE (they attend DE U). One of the girls is causing havoc, not paying her January rent- forwarded ck to my daughter - stopped the payment on the ck etc.
The real estate company responsible for the apartment building in which they reside will only accept 1 ck so my daughter deposits their cks and forwards the 1 ck totaling the rent from her account. The only way this party can move out is if all 4 sign off on the lease to remove her, including herself - which I believe at this point she would.
however, she still owes January rent, will soon owe February even if she moves they do not return to school until 2/9/16 and feb would need to be prorated as well as utilities etc.
again, this is not a huge case, however, I feel an attorney forwarding a letter on our behalf would resolve and end this issue.
obviously I would be willing to pay for the letter.
please advise, thx suzanne faustini
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon. We can not represent you in this but I am happy to answer any questions which you may have or provide you with information, if you desire. Please just let me know.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
can you refer me to someone who can simply write a letter??
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am not paying for this

You can certainly contact customer service and ask for a refund. An attorney on this site is not able to write a letter and represent you. If you want a generic letter and going to submit it on your own, that is different and someone may help.