Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I share ownership of a trailor home with 3 other siblins.

Customer Question

I share ownership of a trailor home with 3 other siblins. But the land it sits on I own. How do I sell my land with this trailor there?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

You have every right to sell your land. The trailer is not part of the land and your siblings' co-ownership of the trailer has no relevance to your right to sell the land. The land belongs to you and is within your control as to whether or not to sell it. The trailer is there legally as a month to month tenant and you can terminate this tenancy by giving everyone written notice of at least 30 days. If the trailer is not removed within the 30 day period, then you can pursue a formal eviction petition to give you the right to have the sheriff remove the trailer. But, in any case, the siblings have no legal ability to stop you from selling the land.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!