Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am being sued by my mortgage lender and condo association

Customer Question

I am being sued by my mortgage lender and condo association for non-payment. I have a new residence and am just trying to get rid of my condo. I could not do a short sale or deed in lieu ( I tried both) so I was just going to accept the foreclosure and walk away. Do I need to file bankruptcy or do i just show up for the foreclosure hearing? do I need a lawyer for the foreclosure hearing?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

IF you believe that your property is worth less than what you owe, you may eventually have to file bankruptcy to get rid of the deficiency amount. Here's a good link that you can read about this: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/deficiency-judgments-after-foreclosure-florida.html

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

But, you could wait until after the foreclosure is completed and see where things stand and then file bankruptcy.....depending on what the deficiency is.

It is obviously up to you to determine whether or not to appear at the hearing or whether to hire a lawyer. But, if you don't want to contest things....and if you have no defense to these matters, it may not make much sense to hire a lawyer and spend the money on this.