Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

Dimitri. I purchased a townhome in a HOA with a good

Customer Question

Hi Dimitri. I purchased a townhome in a HOA with a good management company. Somewhere along the way the HOA president fired the management company & stole their book keeper as his private secretary. Their are only 9 units, people come/go. He pretends we are emailing the bookkeeper/manager but everything goes to him. We have had no meetings in over two years & the president failed to fill a vacant seat and pretended the other member was still on board. I have been complaining about his 170lb german shephard lunging and jumping and barking at the open single pane window or open door at screen anytime I pass by scaring me & my grandchildren. He said this does not violate any ccr's and had the hoa atty send me a cease/desist letter for complaing/harrassment. I recently sent email to the book keeper about blatant dog harassment 2 weeks ago.Their responce to me: a $250- fine & suspension of my voting rights for 6 months. Funny, their is a meeting with elections in January which I no
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

It appears you have a mini dictatorship in your HOA. Your HOA by-laws should outline roles and responsibilities of the HOA Board, its officers and provide a mechanism for removal of a bad acting officer. You simply need to round up the appropriate number of HOA members. If not, you can have an attorney send a letter and possibly file for enforcement of the HOA by-laws in court.

If you do not need further assistance, can you "accept" the question and provide a rating so that I can close it out?

Good evening. We only get credit for answering your question if you accept and provide a rating. If you need further assistance, please let me know.