Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

My parents are elderly and own 3 acres with several storic

Customer Question

My parents are elderly and own 3 acres with several historic small houses/buildings on it. My sister has lived in one of the houses for many yrs. they had her house and plot surveyed several yes ago but left it in their names. They now want to gift it it to her before they die. What are the steps involved?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

It's a pretty simply process. They would simply need to sign a quit claim deed transferring the title to your sister. It will need to be notarized and then recorded in the real property records of the real property records of the city/county in which the property is located. If you need a template for the deed which you can then easily complete with your specific information, let me know and I'll be happy to provide one for you.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!