MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Can sell my house under a land trust and keep it anonymous

Customer Question

Can sell my house under a land trust and keep it anonymous from a personal judgment I have? If so, what is the process?
I want to fix/sell houses but because I'm still negotiating with some personal judgments I have and are still not finalized I don't know if they will come after my sale proceeds?
Thanks
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 10 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The property in the land trust should be shielded from any judgments. However, once you sell the property and the proceeds go back to you, they would no longer be protected by the trust since you would be reporting that as income (assuming you are the beneficiary of the trust). At that point, they would be subject to the judgements you have pending.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.