RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

What would i do about a seller who falsely stated that

Customer Question

what would i do about a seller who falsely stated that respairs were done before closing and come to find out everything was only patched to pass inspection?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You would sue them for the cost of repair and any other damages suffered, as a result. If there was an agreement to actually make these repairs and they failed to do so, only patching them to fool you and the inspector, then they would be in breach and essentially committing fraud and misrepresenting the condition of the home. You could go after them for 1) what it will cost to actually fix this and 2) any other damages or costs incurred, as a result of what they did. You can first make a demand, advising them of this and letting them know that you know what they did and if they fail to remedy and correct it, you will sue them,

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!