MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I signed a release of liability on a home a co owned with my

Customer Question

Hi I signed a release of liability on a home a co owned with my ex. However paperwork hasent been handled and my name is ***** ***** the house. I can't get my name off till its caught up on payments. My ex is 4 months behind. I have offered to take over the house but my ex wants it. This is killing my credit. What rights do I have? What can I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 11 months ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, the only options you have would be to sell the property, refinance or have your ex refinance the loan, or try to negotiate with your ex to allow you to keep the property.

Aside from that, you can't force your ex to allow you to keep the property. You can't force her to pay the mortgage. It's a delicate situation.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.