Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

I'm on a board with a lot of contention. We are in Florida.

Customer Question

I'm on a board with a lot of contention. We are in Florida. At last nights meeting members of the community turned in recall ballots to recall the other two board members. At that same meeting they motioned to have my title changed from president to regular board member and made another member president. Can they legally do that? Is there a way to appeal their motion?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...who "they"

You say

At that same meeting they motioned to have my title changed from president to regular board member and made another member president.

Who they? Is this regular members of the HOA? or Directors (board members)?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
On the board.
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry to hear that. You would have to look at your HOA by-laws to see if members can remove an officer in this method. If not, then yes you could challenge it in court.