Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.
7286322

The quit claim deed states that the grantor, ****** (me) for

Customer Question

The quit claim deed states that the grantor, Karen ****** (me) for $10 paid by the grantee does remise, release and quitclaim to the grantee and grantee's heirs and assigns all the right, title, etc. which the grantor has in the land to have and to hold, the same together with all and singular the appurtenances belonging or appertaining and all the estate, right, title, etc. and claim of grantors for the use, etc. of the said grantee forever. Does this say that I, Karen ******, am sole owner of the property?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, quite the opposite. A quitclaim deed (well, almost any deed) has two types of parties:

GRANTOR - this is the person who gives away their interest

GRANTEE - this is the person that receives that interest

In the verbiage above, it sounds like you are the grantor, and you would be giving away your interest in the property.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never rated positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!