Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

CAN A APARTMENT COMPLEX CHANGE THE TERMS AFTER SIGN A LEASE

Customer Question

CAN A APARTMENT COMPLEX CHANGE THE TERMS AFTER SIGN A LEASE AND START CHARGING FOR UNRESERVED PARKING
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.

I would tell you know unless the lease allows them to change the terms.Otherwise the lease controls rights and obligations.You can argue they breached the contract/lease here and that you would have right to sue in small claims unless they honor the lease.The lease here is for your protections, if they breach you can sue them .They need to honor terms of lease, you have a very valid complaint of breach by landlord.

If you have to let the fee accrue for awhile and sue them for it.You can do this in small claims without a lawyer.I would suggest a letter threatening this unless they agree to honor the original terms of the lease.

Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

Small claims forms and self help if you have to sue them.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Forms/SubCategory.cfm?Category=Small

I am so sorry they are trying to railroad you here, you have rights for breach of lease.