Michael Lykken, Esq
Michael Lykken, Esq,
Experience:  Partner at Soares & Lykken, Attorneys at Law
77500129

My customer is paying the federal government restitution,he

Customer Question

My customer is paying the federal government restitution,he would like to know how to see if there is a lien on his property
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Michael Lykken, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help you with this question. To see if there is a lien on property, you need to look search the county clerk's records. I don't know which county you are in so I can't give you an address or website to go to, but some clerks have the indexes online. They have various ways you could search, but you should be able to search by your name. Also, you should receive notice from the government before they place a lien on your property. Let me know if you need any clarification, and thank you for using this service.