Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I'm being sued by my HOA violation of the deed. What

Customer Question

I'm being sued by my HOA for a violation of the deed. What should I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are threatening to file a court order and I do not know what is involved in that. They are trying to take away my registered companion pet even after two doctors indicated it was necessary. My HOA members are also discussing my personal business with other residents and in a very detrimental way. I feel I should have some rights, and that my HOA does not override the law when it comes to persons with disabilities, but they are scaring me half to death as I do not want to lose my dog who I have raised for nine years.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

If a lawsuit is actually filed, you would be served with the Summons and a copy of the complaint. The Summons would tell you the deadline for your response and where to file your response--an answer must be filed with the Court and a copy sent to the HOA's Attorney. You can use the site below to obtain answer form and instructions:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/forms.htm