Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  16 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

Title to a vacant land is held by husband and wife and son,

Customer Question

title to a vacant land is held by husband and wife and son, yet the seller is listed as the husband and wife only. Shouldn't the seller include the son as well? if yes, do all 3 need to sign all escrow documents?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes and ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Shouldn't the seller include the son as well? if yes, do all 3 need to sign all escrow documents?

.

Yes, if the son is listed on the title to the property as a current partial owner, he would have to sign all contracts and all escrow documents, as well as the deed so that title to the entire parcel can be conveyed to the buyer. Without son signing off, the buyer is only purchasing whatever interest the husband and wife own.

.

.

thanks