CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

My HOA foreclosed after I tried to pay them the full

Customer Question

My HOA foreclosed after I tried to pay them the full balance. I requested three additional days after the demand letter was sent. I also paid them 3.5K in October.
The lawyer says the "board denied my request".
I don't know whom the "board" is .
What do I do now?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

You likely are now in the "redemption" period to regain possession/ownership of your home following the foreclosure. You must act quickly in order to recover your property or you will lose the opportunity to do so.

See this link for a detailed discussion of the procedure/process: http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/how-to-redeem-your-property-after-a-homeowners-association-foreclosure

You may want to consider hiring a local attorney to represent you in this matter (it is a "one shot" deal and not something you can afford to make a mistake in). You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).