Richard, Lawyer
Experience:  32 years of experience as lawyer in Texas. I'm also a Real Estate developer.
17027240

I signed a quit claim deed with my neighbor on 2/22/13. We

Customer Question

I signed a quit claim deed with my neighbor on 2/22/13. We moved from Kentucky. I am now sole owner. Do I need to contact an attorney with real estate expertise for a new deed?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? What kind of house is involved? Is this a mobile home? Or, is it an house built on the land? Thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A house with 4 bedrooms, 3 baths and 3 garage spaces which was built on the land.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for following up. In that case, you do not need an additional deed. The deed transferring the property automatically includes any improvements attached to the land. Since the house is built on the property, it is considered part of the land and thus as owner of the land, you become the owner of the house as well. :)

Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!