RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

What do I need to do to have my name removed from our house

Customer Question

What do I need to do to have my name removed from our house deed? We're applying for home equity line of credit and my credit will not allow us to be approved. The house is paid for already and need an easy way to have this done
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. If you simply want to remove your name from title and pass your interest to another party, this can be done with a quit claim deed. Remember, once it is executed, you would be giving up your legal right and interest to the home and giving it to someone else. Just keep in mind, that if you have bad credit, the other party should be able to apply on their own and place the HELOC solely in their name, with you still remaining on title. You may want to confirm with the lender about this and if it is mandatory that you remove your self from title and they hold it solely in their name.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!