Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

My leasing office sent me a release to sign after a water

Customer Question

My leasing office sent me a release to sign after a water leak in my apartment what do I do?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

In order to better assist you can you please provide me with a little more information:

• What are you trying to do? (Do you want out of your lease? Do you want to relocate to a different apartment in the same complex? Something else?)
  • What is your complex trying to do? (Is this a lease release (where you are both agreeing to an early termination of your lease agreement)? or is it a liability release (where they are asking you to sign to relieve them from liability for either the leak, their repair efforts, or some other event)?)?