Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Re: Security Deposit Return 2 roommates moved into an

Customer Question

Re: Security Deposit Return
2 roommates moved into an apartment I had for rent. Now they broke up and the guy moved out. The girl wants to have a girlfriend move in with her.
What do I do as far as the original security deposit? The girl says it's 100% hers because she paid it. Assuming that the guy agrees by phone but wouldn't submit anything in writing, what should I do to protect myself?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Tell me, what does the rental agreement say about this? Do you have a written rental agreement?