How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 5436
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a tenant paying $2545/month. Lots of issues with

Customer Question

I am a tenant paying $2545/month. Lots of issues with various items, from leaks rfeported to me by the city, garbage disposal which doesn't work that the landlady said cannot be used after being here 6 months. Most recently heater not working since Saturday,informed landlady. When I reported to her she thought the thermostat reading between 66-68 was fine. The actual temperature based on my ph app is in the 50's.
She finally approved a tech to come in this morning to check, many issues with it.
I stayed home and as a consultant, I earn only when I work. Not sure when it can be fixed as parts were ordered maybe tomorrow or the next day. I cannot afford to miss work.
I would like to move out as it has become very aggravating and interfering with my job.
Rent is due today and I would like a consultation and possible retain an attorney as soon as possible to inform her today of my decision to move at the end of the month if not sooner.
Prior to doing that, I would like legal advise of my rights to pursue that decision
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 1 year ago.

We can not provide legal representation but I can provide you with information, if you would like to proceed. Just let me know.