Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years professional experience
16823287

My boyfriend past we live together do I have a right to the

Customer Question

my boyfriend past we live together do I have a right to the bed we shared? I want nothing else.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Remember that only by being just, can you expect justice; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

Need a clarification:

1. Are you saying that you boyfriend passed away recently and you want to know if you have the bed?

2. If so, did your boyfriend leave a Will?

3. If so, who else survives him as far as immediate family members go?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No will, kids but they don't want it an old girlfriend wants it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she said he gave it to her when he was drunk.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Under Utah law, neither you or she is directly entitled to the bed. Such personal property passes to his children under intestate succession laws. If the kids do not want it, you will need to find out who is handling his estate [which one of the kids] and offer to buy it or see if he/she is willing to gift it to you before the old girlfriend does.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

If your question has been answered can you please assign a feedback rating at this time so we can close the question. Thank you.