Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have just purchased a mobile home in a MH community. The

Customer Question

I have just purchased a mobile home in a MH community. The 4th one I have purchased in the past 10 yrs.in this community. The home needs extensive repair that I have been working on. My question is I have purchased fencing for my yard and the post are set in already but not in concrete. The fence is temporary and will be removed when I move which I plan on doing within the year. I am now told that I cannot erect a fence (for my small dog). The other 3 properties I have owned and still own one of them, all have had fences. I am told that the company (YES) does not allow them. If there is a fence up on property when you purchase it, that fence may remain. I was not informed of the this rule when I made the purchase from the previous owner not the manager of the community. The fence is to be installed today. May I proceed with installing the fence.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Were you provided bylaws or rules before your purchase? Is the rule in the bylaws?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?