Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

I live in a pak 12 years (sr. Citizens) Trees were trimmed

Customer Question

I live in a pak for over 12 years (sr. Citizens) Trees were trimmed but nothing to this was in the prospective given to residence. Can the owners stop trming trees and say it's up to the residence to do or can this e grandfathered in??
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem with these residential parks is that they may change the rules on the residents with notice to the residents. So if the park is no longer able or willing to trim the trees and there is nothing in the bylaws or rules that say they must trim the trees, then legally they can change and make the residents responsible for trimming (or grass cutting or whatever other maintenance that needs to be done).
You can send a written complaint to the park management about the need for tree trimming because of the way it is making the park look, but then it is up to them to enforce it on the residents.