Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

MY HUSBAND IS NOT ON THE DEED OF TRUST. HE DOES NOT INHERIT

Customer Question

MY HUSBAND IS NOT ON THE DEED OF TRUST. HE DOES NOT INHERIT THE HOUSE. MUST HE WAIT UNTIL MY DEATH TO RECEIVE HIS $200K, EVEN IF HE SUCCESSFULLY ACHEIVES AN ANNULMENT OR SUE ME?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Please see my answer on the other question, I believe I answered this.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I JUST READ YOUR NOTES FROM THE 1ST. I AM OBVIOUSLY MORE STRESSED THAN I REALIZE. YOUR NOTES SEEM NEW.WHEN I SPOKE TO YOU ON THE 1ST, I DID NOT REALIZE THAT I WAS GOING TO BE TOLD ON THE 3RD THAT MY HUSBAND WAS MOVING OUT, THAT I HAD 6 MONTHS TO LIVE, AND THAT HE WOULD BECOME SO UGLY IN INSISTING ON HALF OF THE HOUSE.I DO KNOW I BOUGHT THE HOUSE IN 1982 WITH MY DAUGHTER'S FATHER, MY HUSBAND. THEN I BOUGHT MY HOME AGAIN IN 1991 WHEN MY HUSBAND AND I DIVORCED, AND HE FILED A QUIT CLAIM DEED.MY CURRENT HUSBAND CAME INTO MY LIFE 6 YEARS AGO. WE WERE MARRIED IN CA. ON 9/28/2013. HE CONTINUED TO PAY $500/MO RENT. LATER, AFTER HE GAVE ME A CHECK MADE OUT IN MY NAME, FOR $200K, I CHOSE TO PAY DOWN MY MORTGAGE, WHICH HAD GROWN FROM TERMINAL CANCER TREATMENTS.
LATER, WE WROTE A STUPID POST NUP THAT SAID THE HOUSE WAS MY ASSET AND THE $200K WAS HIS ASSET. FURTHER MORE I SAID HE COULD HAVE MY $250K INSURANCE POLICY, WHOSE FORMER BENEFICIARIES WERE MY 2 DAUGHTERS. THEN I GOT EVEN MORE STUPID AND SAID THAT MY DISORGANIZED, PERPETUALLY POSTPONING HUSBAND COULD MANAGE THE MORTGAGE AND THE ROOMMATES TO HELP HIM AFFORD MY HOME, TO LIVE OUT HIS DAYS. THEN MY MOST INSANE MOMENT WAS WHEN I GAVE 2/3 OF MY HOME TO HIS CHILDREN.GOD HELP ME.FORTUNATELY, I NEVER EVER ADDED HIM TO THE DEED OF TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NOW, I JUST WANT PEACE, NO FIGHTING, NO LEGAL BATTLES, NO COURT ORDERS TO GET MY HUSBAND OUT OF MY HOME, NO LOCKSMITHS TO CHANGE THE LOCKS... BY THEN I WILL BE DEAD AND EMPTY!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL STANDING OF THE POST NUP?DO I JUST HAVE TO WRITE MY OWN WILL?WIIL I BE DEAD (IN 6 MONTHS) BEFORE HE CAN DIVORCE ME IN CA?IS THE SAME TRUE FOR AN ANNULMENT?SHOULD I FILE AN ANNULMENT TO GET HIM OUT OF MY HOUSE OR JUST CHANGE THE LOCKS? HE HAS MOVED HIS VERY FEW BELONGINGS INTO THE GARAGE AND JUST SLEEPS IN THE GARAGE. HE RARELY COMES INSIDE.I HAVE LOST TEN POUNDS THIS PAST WEEK. I AM AGAIN 100 POUNDS. I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO EAT ALL DAY. MY STOMACH IS SO NAUSEOUS.

I answered on the other question.