Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have a work and utilities agreement with my landlord. He

Customer Question

I have a work for rent and utilities agreement with my landlord. He owns two properties on my street, both of which have been red tagged for doing work without a permit, an issue I was trying to help him resolve as I am a licensed contractor in Denver. After months of work I returned to work at a regular job, and shortly after my landlord received new drawings he felt would allow the permit process to be completed and a permit to be issued. He text me the news and ordered me to take off work to take care of the permit to which I declined offering instead to get prepared and go to the city directly after my work day ended. He was furious and taped an eviction notice on my door Christmas morning. Is this eviction legal? What are my rights?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Good morning and Happy New Year to you. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Can you provide me a bit more information? Was this eviction notice simply one he prepared? Or, was it issued by a court after a hearing? Is your agreement with the landlord a written agreement? Thanks.