RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

I have been renting a property (which had 2 landlords)the

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** been renting a property (which had 2 landlords)the courts have made them sell the property due to disputes.the New owners gave us a notice to move.My question is do we have to be out at the end of this 30 day notice that was given to avoid being set out by officers or are there more notices that the new landlord has to give
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  RealEstateAnswer replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. The 30 day notice is the first step in removing you and if you fail to vacate after the 30 days, then you can be evicted. The notice is a condition precedent to the eviction action, so if you remain, they would then need to file for the eviction and more notice will be sent, along with hearing dates. The Sheriff would only come once the eviction is ordered and you fail to leave and you need to be physically removed.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!