Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 26 years
19958803

My client filed an LLC in florida, and one in Nevada trying

Customer Question

my client filed an LLC in florida, and one in Nevada trying to avoid foreclosure. Then tried to reverse then bout using a Quit Claim Deed. Nevada LLC is in Revoked Status and The Florida LLC was dissolved voluntarily by the Client, and can not be reopened. He is trying to sell the home but can not get a clear title.
Does he have to file a Quiet Title Action
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The title company is requesting that he reopens both of the LLC's and make them legal entities again. Nevada this can be done for a large fee, but Florida is saying that the LLC can not be reopened because he "voluntarily dissolved it". How can we get a "clear title" for this property?
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If the Dept of State for FL is not willing to let him reinstate the LLC in FL that was voluntarily dissolved, then if the property is in the FL LLC then he would have to file the quiet title action in whatever state it is located in and have a judge formally declare him to be the true and correct legal owner since he owned both LLCs.

.

But if the property was last deeded to the NV LLC so it is the owner, he can just reinstate it and then deed it from that LLC back to himself personally.

.

He just needs to take action regarding whichever LLC is the legal owner of the property.

.

And a ballpark figure for a simple quiet title action is probably $3-5,000..

.

.

thanks