Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I live in Lake, Louisiana. My landlord has entered my home

Customer Question

I live in Lake Charles, Louisiana. My landlord has entered my home when my fiance is home, never when I am. I did a as is move in and now 6 months after I move in she tried having me evicted for damages that where already in the home, unless I pay 500 dollars for repairs plus the 150 dollar eviction on top of my rent. She also admitted to entering my home without anyone here or telling me at all. Is this legal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Legalease replied 11 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Was this "as is" move in agreement put in writing? Anything put in writing like a tenancy agreement or a lease agreement ?

-

MARY

Hello again --

-

There are actions you can take in this situation whether you signed a lease or tenancy agreement or not, but the law treats each situation differently and that is why I have asked the question regarding whether or not you have anything in writing with this landlord or not. As soon as you answer that for me, I can continue to respond to your question.

-

Thanks

MARY