How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Asad Rahman Your Own Question
Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Category: Real Estate Law
Satisfied Customers: 2120
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
Type Your Real Estate Law Question Here...
Asad Rahman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This has been addressed in part before. I am a resident in

Customer Question

Customer: This has been addressed in part before. I am a resident in an HOA community which imposes fines for traffic regulations. My guest was given a ticket for failing to come to a complete stop at a stop sign. Under the HOA rules, I am responsible for my guest. OK.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: How can I be afforded due process when the person who committed the violation is not at the hearing ? I can't possibly defend an allegation when I have no direct knowledge of the incident. I want to allege lack of due process. I suppose I can make the case but I will probably lose. Can I then sue to recover in small claims court? The community is in California,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Real Estate Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Can't wait right now. Should I try again later or tomorrow?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 year ago.

I totally understand your situation and I see your point. I would suggest calling your friend as a witness to the meeting. Secondly, due process really only applies to governmental investigation not a private investigation by an HOA or an employer. If the fine goes through, you could sue your guest for the amount you had to pay as the fine.

Related Real Estate Law Questions