Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

If a house was bought by 2 brothers and their wives as a "Co

Customer Question

Tenancy" in Pennsylvania, and over the years the one brother expanded and improved his part of the house while the other brother did nothing to his part of the house, is the division of any financial gains upon sale of the property 50/50, or can some allowance to be made for the brother who improved his part?? The appraisal was effected by this discrepancy......lowered by about $75,000. Now the lazy brother wants a 50/50 split, that doesn't seem equitable at all. Are there any options for the brother who improved and expanded his half, at sale of property, to gain more of the money instead of a 50/50 split?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Is there any sort of cotenancy agreement between the parties or an agreement to share costs or expenses?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?