Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I have man and a woman as well as their 2 yr old son living

Customer Question

I have man and a woman as well as their 2 yr old son living in my basement. We took them because they had no where else to go so we did them a favor and took them in with the understanding that they were going $1,000 security on the first day. Well that never happened. It was all a verbal agreement nothing in writing. Now they are causing problems - we want them out! They keep calling the cops over everything and they come and say that because we let them into our house that they have tenant's rights. What about our rights as being homeowners for over 25 years and paying our taxes to the town. The police told me I needed to file an eviction notice. What are my rights?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Alex Esquire replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What I just paid $36 for that answer - can my day get any better!! Thank you

This is not an answer and I do not get paid anything, until I provide customer with the answer and the answer is positively rated and accepted by the customer.

Do you have a legal question I can answer for you?