Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

I am purchasing a Condo in Norfolk. How do I have to review

Customer Question

I am purchasing a Condo in Norfolk Virginia. How long do I have to review the condo docs and if I see something I do not like how long do I have to rescind the contract. Will I loose my 5000 deposit? Do you review documents for a fee? I am very nervous making this investment.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What things should I be reviewing the the condo docs? Financials, renter ratio, upcoming assessments?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you signed an agreement, you are bound to that agreement from the time you signed unless the agreement has some cancellation clause. So was the deposit stated to be refundable or non-refundable when you signed the agreement? Is there any contingency or cancellation clause in the agreement you signed?
While we can answer specific questions about parts of your agreement, it is difficult to review the entire document in this forum, but if you upload the link to it we could answer questions about it for you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The question was specific to the condo docs, in VA you have 48 hours to review the docs. You receive a resale certificate. Are you licensed in VA?
Thank you for your reply.
I am familiar with the law in VA, it is 10 days to review the documents if it is a new development and 72 hours if it is a resale. But what are your specific questions and what does the contract say as I asked above.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you licensed to practice law in VA?
Thank you for your reply.
None of the experts here are licensed in VA, we are also (according to the terms of service you agreed to) not here to provide legal advice, solely information to customers to educate them regarding their rights. If you want specific legal advise, you need to go to a local attorney I am afraid, as this site cannot provide that to you and I am sorry if there was any misunderstanding about that.
If you still want general information so when you proceed to a local attorney you are better informed, we are more than happy to work with you.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I thought I was getting someone licensed in my area. I do not want to continue and wish a refund. This info was not at all helpful. Thank you for your time.
Nobody ever provided you any real "info" because you would not respond to questions as you misunderstood our service. So you are more than welcome to a refund, but as the experts are not employees of the site we cannot do that for you.
You can contact customer service at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for a refund of any deposit if you like or call Just Answer customer service at(###) ###-####