TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

My neighbor is flooding my yard. What can I do?

Customer Question

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

Depending on the facts, you may wish to sue the neighbor for monetary damages, as well as an injunction. Can you provide some details of the situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of details are you looking for. We had the attached neighbor not clean there gutters for years and i guess it built up and then the gutters going towards our property in the back tilted forward which was causing all the weight to put strain on our gutters and cause us roof damage. In addition water was overflowing over there gutters like a waterfall since they were tilted forward and this caused a crack to open up in the basement wall.
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again. Thanks for your patience over the holiday, and happy holidays to you!

Based on those facts, it sounds like you have a viable case against the neighbors. Accordingly, you could sue the neighbors and as mentioned above you could ask for an injunction, which is a court order requiring them to stop the flooding. In addition, you could ask for monetary damages to compensate you for damaging your property. I would also ask for compensation for any missed week or any other losses that you experienced add a result of the flooding.

You should retain an attorney for this type of case, as it is not a small claims type of lawsuit.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.