Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

If a house title is changed to new ownership, are all

Customer Question

If a house title is changed to new ownership, are all previous contracts connected to that title such real estate sales contract null & void?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

No, when the title is changed it is subject to whatever rightful lien that is attached to the property. That is what title insurance is for and it will ensure full title to the new ownership and if not then the loss would be covered by the title company. It is also subject to leases such as a landlord-tenant. What previous contract are you speaking about?

Please let me know if you have any further questions and if not please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?