socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

Is there a staute of limitations when you feel that the

Customer Question

Is there a staute of limitations when you feel that the owners disclosures were not truthful
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.

The general statute of limitations for fraud (intentional misrepresentation) in Texas is four years from the date when the fraud occurred or reasonably should have been discovered. For negligent (unintended) misrepresentation, the statute of limitations is two years.

The misrepresentation in a seller's disclosure would be good evidence of either intentional or negligent misrepresentation.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

So

Hello again,

I see that you have reviewed my answer, but that you have not provided a rating. Do you need any further clarification concerning my answer, or is everything satisfactory?

If you need further clarification, concerning this matter, please feel free to ask. If not, I would greatly appreciate a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.