LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

I own a commercial building that shares a wall with another

Customer Question

I own a commercial building that shares a wall with another building. It is vacant (4+ years) but the tenant (a major bank that left the market) is still paying rent. I want to purchase the building. It is owned by a REIT. I can't seem to connect with them. Everytime I find a contact, I'm disappointed to find that the building is no longer in their portfolio.
How do I find the current owner? Our local assessors office lists an llc privately registered.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If you have contacted the local assessor's office and gotten the name of the LLC that owns it, then you can contact the Secretary of State's office and look up the LLC to see who the registered agent is. They would have a person along with a physical address where that person can be contacted for any business regarding the LLC.

.

Then you can contact them through the registered agent to see if they would be interested in selling.

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were able to find the registered agent on line. They represent thousands of companies and would not share any information about the owner nor would they assure me that a letter sent to them would make it to the owner.By being persistent and making lots of calls I've been able to reach someone at a property management company that manages the property and have the name of the current REIT that owns the property. They (the management company) is being helpful and is reaching out to the REIT this week to see if they would be interested in selling. And to provide me a contact name and address of a representative w/in the REIT.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I understand the facts as you have set them out. What is your question?

Doug