Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

Tree t house six months ago insureance will only pay siding

Customer Question

Tree hit house six months ago insureance will only pay for new siding on two sides of house that was hit by tree. Sideing is 18 years old.policy states not responsible for mis mix siding.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In these cases, if the matter goes to court the court must look at the wording of the policy, in absence of a state law regarding matching, which is what this is called. PA does not have a state law regarding matching on insurance policies, so this is determined by the wording on your policy. See: Pellegrino v. State Farm Fire and Cas. Co., No. 12-2065, 2013 WL(###) ###-####(E.D. Pa. July 29, 2013). Thus, if your policy does not contain language regarding matching other parts that were not damaged, then in PA there is no law mandating they do so I am afraid.