CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.
71563194

If I signed a future purchase agreement renter to purchase

Customer Question

If I signed a future purchase agreement for a renter to purchase my home that he is renting till May 2016. Am I obligated to sell the home? or can I change my mind and not sell the home?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

It really depends on the details of the agreement you signed.

In general - if you signed a future agreement, you are going to be bound by that contract and are going to have to sell your home as agreed (at the tenant/buyer's option).

But if you want out of the contract, my best advice to you would be to visit a local civil attorney and have them review the details of the contract that you signed, and see if there is any potential mechanism to void the contract as it is drafted. (For this you need a formal legal opinion - something outside the scope of what we can offer on this "general legal forum").