MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

What ami responsible I break my lease reasons letting them

Customer Question

what ami responsible for if I break my lease for medical reasons letting them know six months in advance
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Unfortunately, the way that leases are typically written leave the tenant on the hook in the event of a breach of the lease for any reason that is not the fault of the landlord. That is why it is important to review a lease prior to signing it and potentially also have an attorney look at the lease for you.

The only thing you can really do is try to work it out with the landlord and give them time to find another tenant (which it seems you are doing). If they are unwilling, then check to see if your lease permits subleasing. If it does, find someone to sublease the property. You will likely still be on the hook though if the person you sublease to breaches.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.